*Scroll down for 2019 Cooking Workshop dates and locations*
My cooking workshops are more than a cooking class. They are a culmination of 18 years studying, teaching and writing about eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition and share cooking tips from my experience as a trained chef. I have also studied a Certificate in Adult Education (NMIT 2008/9), which I find invaluable for sharing my knowledge in the best possible way.
I have been sharing my passion for cooking since I completed my nutrition studies in 2003. What initially started as a small cooking class in my home kitchen quickly grew to evening classes at Nelson’s beautiful Fairfield House. In 2006 I was asked to write and tutor a Cooking & Nutrition course for Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT). I ran this regular 6-week course until the arrival of my first child in 2010. After several years break from teaching (while my children were little) I reinstated my cooking workshops in 2014 and regularly teach in Nelson and around New Zealand.
My food focus is on flavoursome recipes using everyday ingredients that are packed with nutrients, with a particular interest in traditional cooking techniques such as Sourdough Bread, Fermentation and Preserving. I have presented to over 1000 workshop participants and taught all around New Zealand including Auckland, Whangarei, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Hokitika, Geraldine, Dunedin, Wanaka & Queenstown.
My workshops do fill up fast so please book early to secure a place. I open bookings to my events newsletter first – you can join my *Workshops & Events* mailing list HERE.
2018/19 Cooking Workshops Around NZ
TERM FOUR 2018
- WELLINGTON – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 3rd November – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – Art of Sourdough – Sunday 4th November – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – November – The Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 20th November – SOLD OUT
TERM ONE 2019
- NELSON – Preserving the Harvest – Tuesday 19th February – BOOK HERE
- BLENHEIM – Preserving & Fermentation – Saturday 9th March – BOOK HERE
- WAIRARAPA – Sourdough & Ferments – Tuesday 26th March – Register Interest HERE
- PALMERSTON NORTH – Sourdough & Ferments – Wednesday 3rd April – Register Interest HERE
TERM TWO 2019
- AUCKLAND – Sourdough & Fermentation – two workshops held on Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th May 2019 – details to be confirmed
- NELSON – Art of Sourdough – 21st May 2019 – register interest here
- WELLINGTON – Sourdough & Fermentation – two workshops held on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June 2019 – details to be confirmed
I am also available for private small-group workshops or demonstrating at larger events, please contact me.
More details about my Cooking Workshops:
- The workshops are demonstration style, with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
- Workshops include delicious food samples and a recipe folder to take home – bring a pen to take notes.
- The workshops fill up fast so please book early to secure a place. If you miss out please contact me to be added to the waiting list.
- I am happy to arrange a payment plan if required – please email me.
“Nicola delivers a clear message about eating well, with many revelations!… I like her simplicity & practical approach to cooking healthy food. Very helpful – I’m referring to the recipes all the time.”
“An excellent course, Nicola’s enthusiasm for her subject and encouragement was awesome.”
“The nutrition information added to a straightforward cooking class – it was more then I expected.”
“The course was excellent, up to date, and enthusiastically presented.”
Please join my EVENTS mailing list to be first to hear about upcoming workshops.