I am super excited to be taking my sourdough on a South Island tour to run a series of mini-cooking workshops. Making sourdough bread is a real passion of mine (OK, slight obsession!) and I love sharing the magic with others – come join me at one of my tour stops and please tell your friends!
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability. In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – I will demonstrate preparing + shaping the dough
- Recipe handouts + two bonus bread recipes using the Rustic Bread dough
- Discussion on using sourdough starter in everyday cooking – crumpets, pastry, cakes & more
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making
- Delicious food samples + bring a jar to take home some starter to get you baking at home.
Tour Dates – click on the town/city below to book. *Limited spaces available.
- BLENHEIM (SOLD OUT) / Tuesday 7th November 7.00 – 8.30pm – Vines Village Cafe
- HOKITIKA / Tuesday 14th November – 7.00 – 8.30pm – Ramble & Ritual
- WANAKA / Saturday 18th November – 2.00 – 3.30pm – The Rippon Hall
- DUNEDIN (SOLD OUT) / Monday 20th November – 7.00 – 8.30pm – Black’s Road Green Grocer
- GERALDINE / Thursday 23rd November – 7.00 – 8.30pm – The Country Cafe
- NELSON (SOLD OUT)/ Tuesday 5th December – 6.30 – 8.30pm – Broccoli Row Cafe
*These are demonstration-style workshops with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food. Note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.
Your online booking and payment confirms your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints unfortunately I am unable to offer a refund if you can’t make it, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.